Airgun Learning Center
The Airgun Learning Center is designed to give you tips, hints, and how-to’s for your air gun enjoyment. You can browse through our articles here and you can also click on the Topics on the right sidebar to view a list of related articles.
GETTING STARTED: For The First Time Airgunner
- Air Rifle Buying Guide. A guide for what to look for in an air rifle when making your decision to purchase.
- Affordable BB Pistols. High quality air pistols don’t need to cost a lot of money.
- The Best Airgun Pellet for Hunting. A review of different pellets and which is the best to use in different situations.
- Fun With Airguns. Some great tips to get outside and have some fun with your pellet rifles, BB guns, and paintball markers.
- Shooting for the First Time. Hunting for land roaming creatures wasn’t part of my childhood, although…
- The Airgun Attraction. As the cost of firearm ammunition continues to rise, so does the popularity of airguns.
HOW TO: Learn Some New Techniques
- Choosing an Air Gun Pellet. Each airgun is unique there are multiple pellet shapes.
- Use the Right Pellet for Your Rotary Magazine Gun (From The Bench). What types of pellets should I use in rotary mags?
- Air Spring Rifle Shooting Tips. What to do, not to do, and how to achieve accuracy.
- 12 Spring Gun Shooting Tips to Improve Your Accuracy. Spring gun shooting tips, maintenance tips, and safety rules.
- How to Fix Scope Parallax Issues (From The Bench). How scope parallax can affect your shooting accuracy, and how to correct it!
- Prevent Damage Caused By Air Rifle Dieseling (From The Bench). What happens to a rifle when it diesels, and how to prevent this.
- Tricked Out Airgun Performance. Admit it. The kid in you is still in there. It’s time to trick out your airgun.
- How To Pick Good Quality CO2. Many of the air guns serviced at our gun benches involve inoperable and clogged valves. Find out why.
HUNTING: How to Hunt with Powerful Air Rifles
- Hunting with an RWS Model 34. A review of the RWS Model 34, and how it can be used to hunt.
- Hunting with the Ruger® Blackhawk®. A review of the Ruger Blackhawk air rifle, and its hunting uses.
PRODUCT REVIEWS: Learn Specific Details About Popular Airguns
- Beretta Px4 Storm Air Pistol Review. An overview of the replica Beretta Px4 Storm Air Pistol and its features.
- Colt Defender Review. A full review of the Colt Defender replica BB Pistol.
- Test-Fire: The High Power Pistol. Brief test-fire overview of the High Power Pistol BB gun
- Test-Fire: Baby Desert Eagle. Brief test-fire overview article of the Baby Desert Eagle BB gun.
- Beretta Px4 Storm Recon Review. Overview of the pistol and many of its tactical features.
- Colt Government 1911 Pellet Pistol Review. An overview of the pistol and how it performs.
- Smith & Wesson Pellet Revolver. A review of the Smith & Wesson Pellet Revolver and its features.
- Hammerli 850 AirMagnum Review. The fastest production CO2 air rifle currently available in the world.
- Browning 800 Mag vs RWS LP8. A comparison of the two guns, side by side.
- RWS LP8 Magnum Review. A review of the RWS LP 8 Magnum and its capabilities.
- RWS LP8 Pistol Review. Article about the RWS LP8 Pistol, using data gathered while shooting.
- The RWS 350 P – A Gentleman’s Air Rifle. A look at the quality and craftsmanship of the high end RWS 350 P.
- A Trio of Hunting Rifles. A side by side comparison of 3 RWS model hunting rifles
- RWS Model 54 Report. A technical report on the performance of the RWS 54 Air King Recoilless Rifle.
- RWS 460 Magnum Report. A comprehensive technical report on the RWS 460 Under Lever Rifle.
- Test-Fire: The Steel Storm. Brief test-fire overview of the Steel Storm replica air gun.
- Ruger® Explorer Youth Rifle Review. A review of the youth air rifle, including testing data.
- Test-Fire: The Ruger® Explorer Air Rifle. Brief test-fire overview of the Ruger Explorer Air Rifle.
MAINTENANCE: Tips to Improve Reliability and Life of Your Airgun
- How to Change the Pull Rod on RWS. Changing the Pull Rod on an RWS 48, 52, or 54.
- Bent Barrel Prevention (From The Bench). Things you should know to prevent bent barrels on your break barrel rifle.
- Every 100 Shots. Steps to take after every 100 shots to maintain your rifle’s performance.
- Every 1000 Shots. Lubrication of your air rifle is critical for long-term enjoyment.
- How To Pick Good Quality CO2. Many of the air guns serviced at our gun benches involve inoperable and clogged valves.